Once again I’ve been nominated by the lovely Gail from gaillovesgod for the Blogger Recognition Award! Congratulations on your own award and thanks so much for the nomination! You are honestly one of the most down-to-earth, passionate Christians I have ever come across— thank you for being such an inspiration to my life 🙂 Opening my emails to find your new poetry posts is always a blessing!
The rules for the nominees are as follows:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new blogger
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select fifteen or fewer other bloggers you want to give the award
How did I start my blog?
I initially started my blog in order to vent out all the “brain vomit” I had from my mental health issues. My first posts were reflections on my handwritten journal entries, and a few posts to do with hobbies. Then after a while, I found a new way of expressing myself was through poetry, and my blog has only grown from there.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Stick to a schedule when posting, or at least try to post regularly! A huge mistake I made when I first began my blog was that I posted infrequently and was always disappointed to see minimal views and likes. Posting consistently will enable followers to always have a ‘daily dose’ of your blog, and your blog posts will appear more regularly on reader.
- Always use tags! By using tags your posts appear on reader and this allows more people to discover your blog.