So I’ve a bit of a dilemma with these Liebster awards lately after having been nominated for four in a row. Apologies to those who nominated me weeks ago! As much as I am sorry for the delay thank you so much to @Thedreamgirlwrites, @girlalert, @easetheride, and @visionofthenight for nominating me! Off the top of my head I can’t remember which is which but I think 3 of the above 4 blogs are mental health/healing blogs whilst 1 is a writing blog. Anyway, it doesn’t matter what content they put out, all of them are the loveliest people whose blogs are worth a read 🙂
- Thank the person you nominated, and put a link to their blog.
- Display award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you gave you.
- Nominate between 5-12 blogs and inform them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
What makes me passionate about blog posting?
As much as I like to express my emotions in writing, what especially makes me passionate about blogging is meeting and interacting new people! Being quite the introvert I’ve always been timid in regards to expressing my true self to people in person. Hence, everybody who meets me never truly meets “me”. But online, it’s completely different. The fear of judgement and lack of confidence seems to dissipate whenever I’m in this blogging community, and I feel so free!
10 random facts about me!
- I’m left-handed in an extended family of 99.999999999% right-handers.
- I’ve been playing the violin since I was 8 and the viola since I was 14.
- I enjoy binge-reading fantasy and poetry books.
- I’m 1.71m tall.
- I love Korean culture, eating Korean food, and listening to Kpop.
- My most precious keepsake is a white (now greyish…) knit blanket that I’ve had since I was born. It actually came in a set of three with a blue and green one that I still have but for some reason, I favoured the white one and hence it’s a lot more worn out and softer 😉
- I had braces for almost three years and got them taken off last year!
- I’m scared of dogs and dislike mostly all animals.
- I’m not very creative and can’t draw (unless I copy…)
- I cannot live without some form of lipbalm or chapstick.
Answering 11 questions!
Unfortunately I don’t have the time to answer 44 questions so I’m picking out 11 from the 4 people who nominated me. I’m so sorry! 😦
- What’s the dumbest way you have injured yourself?
When I was about 6 or 7 I was sitting in my Dad’s lap while he was steering the bicycle with my legs dangling down the side. While wearing thongs I put my foot in the front wheel and ended up falling off with my heel completely skinned. I would’ve hit my head too but luckily I was wearing a helmet. Life lessons at their finest…
- Would you rather have no arms or legs?
No legs because I’m not the sporty kind and don’t use my legs for anything else apart from walking 😆 I would still be able to play my instruments in a wheelchair and use my laptop!
- What is your least liked thing about blogging?
When I’m unable to think of new ideas and therefore cannot post new content. Then I fall into a huge slump of laziness, and have trouble finding the motivation to start again.
- What is the most difficult topic for you to write about?
In all honesty, nothing is difficult to write about, especially when I’m in that focused headspace of writing and the world just seems to be at my fingertips. For me, the difficult thing is proofreading, when I’m not so absorbed in my writing and have a chance to reflect on what I’ve written. That’s when the tears come, usually with topics to do with heartbreak and letting go.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
Whether I should really get up or hit that snooze button and go back to sleep!
- Why did you chose to start a blog?
I chose to start a blog as a way to vent out my emotions that I bottled-up inside of me. It was also a way that I searched for validation and tried to gain self-confidence. Now I’ve steered off that pathway and focus more on writing.
- If you could have a drink (can be water) with anyone alive or dead, who would you choose?
I have to choose my favourite Korean actor, Yoo Seung Ho. Though there would be problems with the language barrier that doesn’t beat me being able to stare at his face endlessly! 😂
- What is your biggest strength?
While I’m terrible at expressing myself verbally, I’m brilliant at expressing myself in words. Hence, when I had a little conflict with my friend, instead of talking to her I wrote a five-paged letter.
- If you got to know you had only 48 hours to live, what would you do and why?I’m not the adventurous type so I’d let the people closest to me know– whether that be family or friends– and just spend some quality time with them.
- What was (is) your favourite year in school?
Probably Kindergarten because everyone is too innocent to do anything wrong. And nap times! NAP TIMES!
- What changes would you like to see in the world within the next ten years? Being realistic as possible, I really hope people will be more considerate about the environment. Having gone to China and experienced firsthand the terrible problems with pollution, it disgusts me that people treat the environment as a resource rather than something that actually breathes and is alive, just like us.
My nominations are:
As a lot of the people I follow otherwise don’t reply to award posts or have already been nominated a billion times, I’ll only nominate the following…
My questions for you guys:
- If you could get rid of one vegetable or fruit in the entire world, what would it be and why?
- If you had the ability to turn back time, what time period would you return to?
- If you could enter a book, which book or series would it be?
- Is there an item that you find completely useless and it shouldn’t even exist in the first place?
- Weirdest juice/drink combination that you’ve drank?
- What is a fear that you have conquered?
- What is the strangest gift that you have ever received?
- Out of air, fire, water and earth, which elemental magic would you choose and why?
- Which would you rather: x-ray vision, the ability to read people’s minds or invisibility?
- Have you ever eaten something that tasted completely different to your expectations? What was it?
- If you could return anything you own and get a refund, what would it be and why?
Link to the Liebster Award 2018 – https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/